Educating students with key knowledge needed with developing a business.
Experiencing the feeling of how a real business is developed and how one operates.
Inspiring students to develop a better work ethic.
The course teaches students how to set up a simulated business. Students are given the responsibility to run day-to-day business operations in order to prepare them for a real business environment. Students establish the products and/or services of the business, as well as develop its organizational structure. These tasks are accomplished under the guidance of a consultant (teacher) with support of real business partners in the community. Students will create/design a business name and logo, company catalog, a business plan, employee manual, business cards, flyers, company shirts, company website, commercial, company newsletter, and all other aspects pertaining to a start-up business venture. Students will also attend several trade fairs, where they will market their product/service and compete with other Virtual Enterprise teams in a variety of business related competitions.
- This course meets UC/CSU and district graduation requirements for elective credit.
- College Credit through MSJC is pending.
- Emphasis will be placed on the use of current software packages and the Internet for business transactions.
- A focus will be on general office operations, accounting, sales/marketing, teamwork, interpersonal relationships in the workplace, public speaking skills, and interviewing skills.
- This course may be repeated for additional elective credit and business competency.